- October 2019: Launch event at Arctic Circle Assembly
- January 31, 2020: Deadline for Sessions Proposals
- May/June 2020: Registration Open and Preliminary Program (plenary and parallel and sessions) published
- August 2020:: Full Program published
- Oct 5-8, 2020: UArctic Congress 2020
- Oct 8-11, 2020: Arctic Circle Assembly
The themes of the Congress follow from the Icelandic chairmanship's priorities:
- Arctic Marine Environment
- Climate and Green Energy Solutions
- People and Communities in the Arctic
- UArctic a platform of joint education and research
The UArctic Congress 2020 brings together institutional leaders, indigenous representatives, academics, scientists and students from around the Circumpolar North and beyond. It is an excellent platform for all UArctic members to engage with each other and promote cooperation in circumpolar science and higher education. Together with partners, policy makers and other actors, the UArctic Congress strives to take the Arctic agenda forward by creating and strengthening collaborations that produce new findings and solutions for the future of the Arctic.
We look forward to seeing you all in Iceland in October 2020!