Congress 2021 Update:
- UArctic Congress will be hosted on an online platform, in partnership with IcelandTravel.
- The new event portal will launch in April when registration opens.
- The opening and closing plenaries take place in the Aula hall, University of Iceland, with limited local attendance. Due to current restrictions on meetings, attendance is by invitation only. These sessions will be openly streamed online (no registration required)
- Individual program sessions to be organized online through the online platform, and only open to registered participants. (A select number of program sessions are being organized on-site in Reykjavik).
- Registration fee will be €90, and free for students.
The themes of the Congress follow from the Icelandic chairmanship's priorities:
- Arctic Marine Environment
- Climate and Green Energy Solutions
- People and Communities in the Arctic
- UArctic a platform of joint education and research
The UArctic Congress 2021 brings together institutional leaders, indigenous representatives, academics, scientists and students from around the Circumpolar North and beyond. It is an excellent platform for all UArctic members to engage with each other and promote cooperation in circumpolar science and higher education. Together with partners, policy makers and other actors, the UArctic Congress strives to take the Arctic agenda forward by creating and strengthening collaborations that produce new findings and solutions for the future of the Arctic.
We look forward to seeing you all in Iceland in May 2021